Monday 18 March 6 pm Hotel Kurrajong
The inaugural Trust Talk will be presented by two award-winning Canberra architects, Philip Leeson & David Hobbes. Philip and David will shed light on how we ‘read’ buildings in order to answer such questions as:
- How old is this building?
- What style is it?
- Which bit was built first?
- Who did what to this building and when?
- What are its faults?
- What is the most important part?
- What can be demolished or altered without diminishing its value?
Answering these questions allows us to more fully understand a building either for our own education and interest or in order to make better informed decisions when tasked with making changes or interpreting a building.