The Australia Day Fireworks event will be occurring on Friday 26 January 2018 with event sites at Regatta Point and at Patrick White Lawns (lakeside of the National Library of Australia). Fireworks will launch from the central basin and from Commonwealth Avenue Bridge.
Traffic management plans are currently being finalised and will be available shortly. There will multiple closures and traffic controls in place for the day around Commonwealth Avenue Bridge, Barrine Drive, Albert Street East, Regatta Place, Parkes Way and Regatta Car park. A list of closures is below.
5:30am to 11:00pm
- Rond Terrace car park closed
- Barrine Drive closed from Albert Street East to Albert Street West (including Barrine Drive car park)
- Left hand lane, south bound on Commonwealth Avenue bridge closed
- Eastern pedestrian walkway/cycle path on Commonwealth Avenue bridge closed
Commonwealth Bridge eastern walkway (advisory sign for patrons to use western walkway)
Three rows on the West of Regatta Point Car park closed for event stakeholders
11.00 am to 11.00pm
- Albert Street East closed
4.00 pm to 11.00pm
- Regatta Point car park closed – access VIP and Pass holders only
- Commonwealth Bridge: temporarily closed for approx 15mins due to the fireworks display. This closure will be conducted by the AFP.