PROPOSED OPTUS TOWER: REID PARK SPORTS GROUND
A brief update on what’s been done so far.
Letters of objection have been written to:
- Gladys Berejiklian
- Singapore High Commissioner to Australia
- Rebecca Vassarotti MLA, Minister for Heritage ACT
- ACT EPSDD Planning Directorate
*Optus is owned by Singtel
The National Trust (ACT) has written a brilliant support article in the Riotact.
We note that some of the responses trotted out the same old, same old anti-heritage palaver about we ‘nimbys’ needing to wear 1920s gear and drive old cars. Very predictable and totally off point!
See also: www.canberratimes.com.au/story/8116676/phone-tower-for-reid-would-be-a-cane-toad-in-a-bowerbirds-nest/
Met with Alicia Payne MP and raised the OPTUS issue with her.
- why isn’t there a master plan for the role out of the upgrade to 5G?
- Why aren’t towers being placed on high buildings and already existing infrastructure such as light poles?
- Why aren’t towers placed on high office blocks & apartments expected to include 5G on top of these buildings?
Very keen to have your comments on these matters.
President: Marianne Albury-Colless, Secretary Robyn Bergin:
Treasurer & Public Officer: Roy Jordan
Committee: Anne Buttsworth, Sue Byrne, John Henderson, Amanda Reynolds