Australian Heritage Strategy Review – submissions close 31March 2021 (updated)
The Department of the Agriculture, Water and the Environment (Cth) is now undertaking a mid-point review of the 2015 Australian Heritage Strategy.
Feedback is welcome on the following aspects:
- the strategy’s strengths and weaknesses
- how the strategy might be improved for the next 5 years
- whether the strategy appropriately reflects Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage
- whether the strategy adequately reflects heritage’s key threats, developments and challenges
- how the strategy might reflect the involvement of communities in protecting and managing our heritage.
Further information at Australian Heritage Strategy
Submissions via the Have Your Say website
ACT Heritage Grants 2021–2022: applications close on Friday 30 April 2021.
This year’s grants funding priorities for grants are as follows:
- ACT Heritage Register*
- Conservation works that enable the continued preservation, protection, use of and access to places and objects registered on the ACT Heritage Register
- Conservation Management Plans for registered places and objects, and Aboriginal places and objects
- Community Participation
- Projects that actively engage people in understanding, celebrating and promoting heritage places and objects through education (of all ages), oral histories, tourism, interpretation and events
- Aboriginal Heritage
- Projects initiated by or involving the local Aboriginal community in cultural heritage activities
- Projects that provide partnership opportunities between community organisations and ACT government agencies.
*Please note that the Reid Housing Precinct is on the ACT Heritage Register
RRA Committee meeting
The meeting will be held tomorrow evening (16 March) and we would be very pleased to hear from you if there are any pressing issues you would like raise with us. Please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reminder: RRA AGM 6 pm Tuesday 30 March, Mecure Hotel, Ainslie Avenue
We are delighted to have as our guest speakers this year, Minister for Heritage, Rebecca Vassarotti MLA and Jack Waterford AM. There are still a few places available.
ACT Heritage Festival 6–26 April
The ACT Heritage Festival program covering all manner of events and experiences is now available and looks terrific! The RRA will be running two walks through Reid.