ACT Heritage Grants
Please note that today (5 March 2022) the 2022–23 round of ACT Heritage Grants has been announced by the ACT Government. Applications are now invited from individuals and community groups.
For information, guidelines and application forms please link to Heritage and the community heritage grants program.
Applications close 29 April 2022.
Reid Residents who own an identified dwelling in the Reid Housing Precinct, Heritage Register Entry 20023, ACT Heritage Act 2004
If you own an identified dwelling (these are depicted on FIGURE 2: IDENTIFIED DWELLINGS, COMMUNITY BUILDINGS, RESERVES AND PARKS (p. 24 Reid Housing Precinct) you may be particularly interested in the following information as set out in the application guidelines:
- major physical conservation works for registered buildings and individually identified residential dwellings. Examples are roof replacements, structural repair, reinstatement of original features such as exterior render, front facades, or timber windows visible from the street;
- landscape elements that are significant features of the registered place
ACT Heritage Register
- Conservation works that enable the continued preservation/protection, use of and access to places and objects registered on the ACT Heritage Register
- Conservation Management Plans for registered places and objects, and Aboriginal places and objects
Projects that increase the utilisation, awareness and engagement in heritage places and objects through education (of all ages), oral histories, tourism, digitisation, interpretation and events
Projects initiated by or involving local Aboriginal communities in cultural heritage activities
Projects that provide partnership opportunities between community organisations and ACT government agencies
Projects that reflect the Territory’s diversity and equality. Documenting and recording the histories of women and Indigenous, multicultural, disability and LGBTQIA+ communities of the ACT.
Who can apply
Individuals, community groups, and incorporated non-profit or private organisations may apply for a grant. Applicants do not need to be residents of the ACT, but the project must focus on the heritage of the ACT and be of benefit to its community. Community organisations may apply as project partners with ACT Government agencies.
2022–23 ACT Environmental Grants Program
This year $480,000 have been allocated through the ACT Environmental Grants Program across three funding streams:
- $280,000 of funding made available for the Environment Grants, to support community projects that assist with the delivery of the ACT Nature Conservation Strategy 2013–23.
- $150,000 of funding made available for the Nature in the City Grants, to enhance and improve the liveability of our urban open spaces
- $50,000 of funding made available for the new Environmental Volunteer Group Assistance Grants, to support environmental volunteer groups in improving their capabilities and capacity to engage in environmental stewardship.
These grants provide ‘an opportunity for the community to address environmental issues they are concerned about, restore and conserve natural places that are special to them, and engage other community members to do the same’.
Applications close 4 April 2022.
For more information and a link to applications, visit the ACT Government environment website.
If you need further support, please contact the Grants Coordinator on 02 6207 7331 or firstname.lastname@example.org.